Windows CardSpace Shortcut – Create
How to Create a Windows CardSpace Shortcut in Windows 7
This will show you how to create or download a Windows CardSpace shortcut in Windows 7. You can also Pin to Taskbar or Pin to Start Menu this shortcut, or move where you like for easy use.
Microsoft Windows CardSpace is a system for creating relationships with websites and online services. Windows CardSpace provides a consistent way for:
- Sites to request information from you.
- You to review the identity of a site.
- You to manage your information by using Information Cards.
- You to review card information before you send it.
Windows CardSpace can replace the user names and passwords that you use to register with and log on to websites and online services.
When you visit a website that accepts an Information Card, that site indicates what type of card it is willing to accept. The Windows CardSpace user experience shows you which cards in your collection meet the requirements of the site. Before you submit a card to a site, you can inspect it to see what personal information will be sent. You should also review the privacy statement of the site to understand how it uses your personal information.
EXAMPLE: Windows CardSpace
Download the Shortcut
1- Click on the download button below to download the Windows_CardSpace.zip file.
2. Click on Save, and save the .zip file to the desktop.
3. Open the .zip file and extract the Windows CardSpace shortcut to the desktop.
4. Right click on the Windows CardSpace shortcut, and click on Properties, General tab, and on the Unblock button. (See screenshot below)
NOTE: If you do not have a Unblock button under the General tab, then the shortcut is already unblocked and you can continue on to step 5.
5. Move the shortcut to where you like for easy use.
6. When done, you can delete the downloaded .zip file on the desktop if you like, or save it to use again.
Manually Create the Shortcut
1. Right click on a empty area on desktop, and click on New and Shortcut. (See screenshot below)
2. Type the location below into the location area, and click on the Next button. (See screenshot below)
3. Type Windows CardSpace for the name, and click on the Finish button. (See screenshot below)
NOTE: You can name this anything you would like though.
4. Right click on the new Windows CardSpace shortcut on the Desktop and click on Properties.
5. Click on the Shortcut tab, then click on the Change Icon button. (See screenshot below)
6. In the line under “Look for icons in this file”, type C:\Windows\System32\icardres.dll and press Enter. (See screenshot below)
7. Select the icon highlighted in blue above and click on OK. (See screenshot above)
NOTE: You can use any icon that you would like instead though.
8. Click on OK. (See screenshot below)
9. Move the shortcut to where you like for easy use.